COVID-19 Wellbeing Support
Urgent mental health help line: ring 0121 262 3555 for advice and support. This line is available 24 hours, 7 days a week and can be used whether you are known to the service or not.
Domestic Violence: Birmingham & Solihull Women’s Aid www.bswaid.org
Helpline: 0808 800 0028. Open 7 days a week 9.15am – 5.15pm (closed bank holidays)
Food Bank Centres
Elim Church food bank 120 Warren Road Kingstanding Birmingham B44 8QD
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TEL 0121-350-9650
Witton Lodge Community Association 87 Witton Lodge Rd, Birmingham B23 5JD (Food Vouchers) 01213821930
George Road Baptist Church George Road Erdington B23 7RZ – Open Tuesday’s only 12:00 – 14:00
Six Ways Baptist Church Wood End Road Erdington B24 8AD – Open Thursday’s only 12:00 – 14:00
- Internet Matters – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware – for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow – for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre – advice for parents and carers
- Safe CiC
- Safe CiC Corona Virus Crisis advice for families
- Please see the flyer, regarding Foodbank support from St James’ Church, Mere Green, for vulnerable families living in Erdington & Sutton.
Birmingham Educational Psychology Service
Birmingham Educational Psychology Service, would like to support all parents and carer’s across the city, offering them telephone consultations with psychologists during the school shut down period. This service is self-referral by parents and is available for any issue they wish to raise around their children and family situation at this time.
Although this service is open to any parent or carer, we would ask you to consider any families who you may consider to be particularly vulnerable at this time, and prompt them to consider this support as something they may find useful.’
Communication and Autism Team (CAT)
COVID-19 & Advice for Parents / Carers
The Communication and Autism Team are here to help you during this difficult time. Our families and children are really important to us and we are here to provide you with support through our telephone helpline service.
Communication and Autism Help
Kooth.com is an award winning and innovative online counselling and support service which is now available to all young people across Birmingham aged 11-25 years.
It is a safe, confidential and anonymous way for young people to access emotional wellbeing and early intervention mental health support. In 2019 – 2020 kooth.com was accessed by over 150,000 young people and is available across 85% of CCGs area.
Fully trained and qualified counsellors and emotional wellbeing practitioners are available from 12 noon until 10pm Monday-Friday and 6pm-10pm on Saturday and Sunday, 365 days per year, providing a much needed out-of-hours service for emotional support in an accessible way. Kooth.com also offers articles, forum and self-help 24/7.