Our ethos and values
At North Birmingham Academy we are committed to the highest standards in everything we do. All our students should leave the academy as articulate, aspirational individuals equipped for the modern world and able to make a positive contribution to their community.
We are committed to supporting British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, respect and tolerance.
We are proud of our diverse community of students, staff and we are committed to creating an environment where individuals flourish and are treated with dignity and respect.
Our community represents over 60 minority ethnic groups with over 50 different home languages. A high proportion of our students (60%) come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
We are committed to equality and diversity and aim to ensure that:
- Fairness and inclusion are fundamental to everything we do.
- Diversity is valued and celebrated.
- Good relationships between diverse groups are promoted.
- Respect is at the heart of academy life.
- All young people benefit from exceptional education opportunities.
- All students and staff have an equal opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Benefits to the local community we serve are maximised.