How to apply for a place
How to join us
For any queries, please contact our admissions team on 0121 373 1647 ext 3328 or contact NBA.Post16@E-ACT.org.uk
Address: Post 16, North Birmingham Academy, 395 College Road, Birmingham, B44 0HF
Post 16 Admissions Policy
Entry to Year 12 is on the basis of academic ability demonstrated by achievement at GCSE. All applicants are required to complete an online application form and make their subject choices.
Places in Post 16 are offered on the basis of the following criteria:
- A minimum of five subjects graded C or above or the new GCSE grades of 4 or above.
- The criteria of the individual subjects to be studied in Post 16 have been met.*
- The availability of places, with a maximum of 140 in year 12.
Conditional places will be offered based on predicted GCSE grades. Places will be confirmed following the publication of GCSE results and applicants will be asked to confirm their acceptance of their place on the publicised enrolment day.
Students who fall short of the required grades will be offered an interview to discuss a potential level 2 pathway.
Year 12 Oversubscription Criteria
The following oversubscription criteria will be used for external applicants when there are more applications than places available:
- Looked after or previously looked after child (in public care)
- Where the child has a brother or sister currently attending the School
- Proximity of the child’s home to school with those living nearer accorded the higher priority
- *In order to be able to take a particular subjects at A-Level, a grade B or 6 or above at GCSE in that subject is expected. Where the subject to be studied has not been taken at GCSE, an equivalent subject may be used at the discretion of the Academy
- Where there are exceptional personal circumstances, the Headteacher reserves the right to award a place in Post 16. This applies where it can be shown that these circumstances experienced in Year 11 have impacted detrimentally on a student’s examination performance and that they have the academic potential to study in Post 16
*In order to be able to take a particular subjects at A-Level, a grade B or 6 or above at GCSE in that subject is expected. Where the subject to be studied has not been taken at GCSE, an equivalent subject may be used at the discretion of the Academy.
Applicants refused a place in Year 12 are entitled to appeal to an independent appeal panel. For appeals please email NBA.Enquiries@e-act.org.uk